Carstairs Protective Services Department
The Carstairs Protective Services Department currently consists of four (4) officers and one (1) Director of Protective Services. Our officers offer a proactive approach to enforcing the Town's bylaws as set by council and also enforce certain provincial statutes as set by the Alberta Solicitor General.
The Town of Carstairs continues to grow and The Protective Services Department encourages engaging with the people we serve. Our core function is to provide a balanced approach of enforcement and education through community engagement. Our focus is to tackle problems on a proactive basis by conducting routine patrols, engaging with the public and becoming a vital part of the community so families can live, grow and play while knowing they are safe.
A selection of the Town's most requested bylaws are available on the Bylaws page of our website.
Reporting a Complaint / Concern
- In person at the Town Office (844 Centre Street) during business hours:
Monday - Thursday 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Friday 8:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Call the Town Office at 403.337.3341
- Complete the Contact Us form
Information required when reporting a Complaint / Concern
- Your name, address and phone number
- Details of the Complaint / Concern including date, time, location of the complaint / concern
- Specific information license plate, animal breed, type of noise, etc.
Please see the documents section below for more information.